Many local authorities run into public opposition when installing speed humps or speed tables – the speed cushion is the solution. It’s is small enough for emergency vehicles such as fire trucks and ambulances to straddle the width of the cushion without slowing but large enough to cause cars and light vehicles to lower their speeds.
At night the embedded reflective beads provide excellent warning to the drivers.
Speed cushions are also often less costly than their asphalt or concrete speed hump equivalents while many cities around the world report them to be just as effective. The Highway 1 Speed Cushion is made from recycled rubber tires which is lighter and easier and quicker to install than asphalt and concrete. The rubber sections can easily be removed without causing damage unlike their asphalt and concrete counterparts.
Unlike concrete and asphalt which necessitate frequent and high cost replacement, rubber products are long lasting and cost-efficient. In addition to long term benefits, rubber products offer a quick and easy installation saving a lot of time and money.
- Four sections make up 3000x1800x65mm
- Each section is 45kg
- Long lasting recycled rubber
- Reflective material for increased night time visibility
- Channeled bottom provides drainage or protects cables
- All-weather easy maintenance: will not warp, chip, crack, crumble or corrode.
- Extremely durable: tough enough for heavy traffic.
- Flexible: conforms to road curvature and any asphalt or concrete surface.
- Resistant to extreme temperature variations, UV light, oils, moisture and damage.
- Quick and easy installation