Tested To Be The Tough TMA
– Successfully passed NCHRP 350 TL-3 100km/h mandatory criteria.
– Successfully passed NCHRP 350 TL-3 100km/h optional criteria.
– Successfully tested to NCHRP 350 TL-2 70km/h heavy vehicle criteria in storage mode.
– Withstands nuisance impacts up to 10 km/h (6 mph) with little or no damage.
– Successfully passed vibration, corrosion and water resistance tests.
The Safe-Stop 180º TMA’s cartridges fold at the center, reducing the total system’s height to just 2.08 m (6’10”). The two cartridge sections literally stack on top of each other.
Two light-weight aluminum cartridges are contained in a reusable steel support frame. When impacted, the steel support frame is designed to collapse and the aluminum cartridges crush to absorb the energy of the impact, bringing the vehicle to a safe, controlled stop and preventing it from underriding the truck.
Fast and Easy Refurbishment
After a typical design impact, the steel support frame and strike plate are reusable, and only the two aluminum Safe-Stop cartridges need to be replaced. Refurbishment can often be done in the field.